It’s the last Thursday of 2020. As I sit here to think about everything that has happened during the year, one feeling I get is how long it seems. We have all had to deal with a lot of stress this year. The Pandemic is still ongoing. We are facing a second wave of infections. 2019 seems like such a long time ago.
Like many of you, I started the year with many ideas and plans. Unfortunately, Corona had other ideas. I endured months of lockdown. By the time the first Quarter was over, I was starting to realise there was no way things could continue as usual. I had to accept my Personal Development Plan for the year had to change. The “New normal” was affecting everyone and everything.
At the end of every year, I come up with a short gratitude list. A few weeks ago, a friend posted these words on her whatsapp status: “I will make a deliberate attempt to list out things I consider wins.” Her words served to remind me of how important it is to always say “Alhamdulillah.” There are always things to be grateful for in life. I see no reason why this year should be any different.
- I am grateful for being healthy and alive.
- I am grateful for having had the opportunity to work with a great team that was able to adapt to the pandemic and continue working from home for most of the year.
- I am grateful for having had the chance to learn the basics of data analysis this year.
- I am grateful for never having missed a Thursday post since I started this blog.
- I am grateful for having reached a milestone of 100 posts on my blog this year.
- I am grateful for all the new people who followed my blog this year.
Thank you for taking the time to read my posts. I pray 2021 becomes a better year for us all. I hope to keep writing next year. Stay productive.